You Can Learn to Manage Your Back Pain
When you are living with back pain, education and understanding are the keys, to learning how to live your life. When you educate yourself, about your condition, you can make informed decisions about which treatments are right for you.
Moving On with Your Life
When there is nothing more that can be done, or there is nothing more that you are interested in doing. Understanding your condition and understanding your pain can help you to move on with your life.
"Know your condition...
Control your pain…"
80% of people will have back pain at sometime in their life. The majority of those people will have pain that resolves with anti-inflammatories and some simple exercises to help relieve pain.
If your pain does not improve after a few days of rest, or if it is affecting your life, you are in the right place. This website is to help you learn about your condition, the causes of back pain, and how to make it better. When it cannot be made better, I want to help you learn how to live with it.
"you are in the right place"
I have been living with chronic pain ever since a motorcycle accident as a teenager crushed two vertebrae in my spine. Over the years I have searched for ways to make my pain more tolerable. I also have experience working with people who have pain and other problems with their back. I am a board certified physician assistant, and I have worked for a spine surgeon for 12 years, and I am currently working in a pain management practice.
I enjoy helping people. I enjoy helping them learn about, and understand their pain. But, this is only a website. This is not a doctor's office. This is only information to help you understand your pain.
This website cannot replace evaluation by your doctor. I believe that all pain is real and should be treated. Before you can receive proper treatment, you need to have a proper evaluation by a trained professional.
Okay, so just about everybody has pain. Some people have more, some people have less. For some people it is just annoying, and for some people just getting out of bed causes incredible pain. Because of the subjective nature of pain, nobody knows how much pain you have. Nobody knows what you are going through
My belief is that, if your pain cannot be cured, it can be improved. It can be made less. It can be made tolerable, and what cannot be relieved, you can learn to manage. You can have a full and happy life, in spite of the pain you have.
"learning about your condition"
This website will help you do that.
It all starts with education, learning about your condition, whatever that condition may be. When you understand exactly what is causing your pain, you can decide which treatments are right for you, and your situation becomes easier to deal with. You can make informed decisions, and live the life you want to live.
So come on in and look around, hopefully you can find something that interests you or pertains to you, or pertains to someone you love. Check back often I will steadily be doing more research and adding pages.
And, good luck to you. I know that, whatever pain you are having, whatever situation life has put on your plate, if you try, and if you keep trying, you can learn to handle it and live the life you want.
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade,and
if you can't make lemonade, make margaritas
Maybe these can also help:
- Find Back Pain Treatments to Relieve Pain and Increase Mobility
- You can find the best back pain treatments here. Learn your options: Passive, Active, Surgical, or Injections Therapies. Understand the choices and make the best decisions regarding your care.
- Back Pain Help Q&A Forum
- Find back pain help and information by asking your questions here. Discover more about what is causing your pain and what you can do about it. Learn what is working for other people.
- Your Back Back Pain Treatments Blog
- Your Back Pain Treatments Blog from living-with-back-pain.org/ will keep you updated on the latest information on the causes, symptoms, and treatments for back pain and sciatica.
- Latest Back Pain News
- Here is the latest back pain news from around the world.The people who have it and what they are doing about it. Stay up to date with current information by signing up for an RSS feed.
- These Exercises for Back Pain can Relieve Back Pain
- These exercises for back pain can relieve your pain, improve your fitness, and make you happier. Follow the easy steps to develop a program that works for you. These exercises are fast easy and FREE.
- The Causes of Back Pain, Understand them and Find Relief
- There are many possible causes of back pain. Understanding your back pain will help you know what needs to be done to relieve your pain. You don't have to "just learn to live with it". Find a cure.
- Understanding Lumbar Spinal Stenosis and What the Symptoms Mean
- If you have lumbar spinal stenosis you must understand what the symptoms mean before you decide which treatment is best for you. Learn the red flags to watch for and the best noninvasive therapies.
- Back Pain in Pregnancy Should not Make You Miserable
- Back pain in pregnancy can be normal even in the beginning. But you need not suffer, there are things you can do to find relief. Follow the steps and enjoy your pregnancy pain free.
- Sciatica Symptoms can be Relieved, Find out how Today
- Cure your sciatica symptoms with these safety and gentle treatments before you think about surgery. Understanding what causes sciatica will help you get back to living your life pain free.
- Kidney Back Pain-Understand the Causes and Learn the Cures
- Kidney back pain can have many different causes. Follow these steps to identify the source of your pain and learn what needs to be done. You can find relief and get back to living your life.
- Lower Back And Leg Pain can be Relieved. Learn How Today.
- Understanding your lower back and leg pain is the best way to find relief, but there are many possible causes. Read through this list to find out what is causing your pain.
- Chronic Back Pain, Yes You Can Learn to Live With It
- When you have chronic back pain and you have been told that you must "learn to live with it", you need to get started learning how to reclaim your life in spite of the pain. Learn how today.
- Living with Chronic Pain, Yes You Can, Find Out How Today
- Many people are living with chronic pain, and some do it better than others. Dealing with pain everyday requires learning the skills and attitudes that can make life fun again. Yes You Can.
- The Lumbar Spine Anatomy Shows what is Causing your Pain
- When you understand the lumbar spine anatomy you can understand what is causing your pain. Poor posture and weak muscles are major causes of back pain. Relieve your pain by understanding the anatomy.
- Words of Wisdom on the Treatment of Back Pain from Professionals.
- Words of wisdom on the subject of back pain. In these interviews the experts share their thoughts, ideas, and techniques for managing and treating back pain.
- Which Back Pain Treatments Really Don't Work? Identify Shams, Scams, And Fakes
- The best back pain treatments are the ones that works for you. But finding the best treatment means identifying the treatments that can never work. Learn to spot the shams, scams, and fakes.
- About Me
- A little background on me, and what brings me here.
- Back Pain Books Help You Relieve Pain
- Back pain books can help you understand what is causing your pain and help to relieve it. Find the information you need and get back to living your life pain free.
- Can Gluten or other Pro-Inflammatory Foods Make Pain Worse?
- Can inflammation from gluten and other foods make your pain worse? Find out what other have learned about the benefits of going gluten free.